Finding Local Auto Insurance With Excellent Service
Finding first-rate local auto insurance agencies is high on the priority list when it comes to purchasing auto insurance coverage. A local insurance company is known as an independent agency, and a local agent makes finding and buying cheap auto insurance a more personalized option. Doing a little research ahead of time will help you know how to separate the top-notch local agencies from just your run–of–the–mill type of insurance agencies.
What to Look For: Prompt and Personal Service
You need to look decide ahead of time what’s important to you as far as prompt and personal service. Here are some things to look for and some things to avoid when looking for local auto insurance agents:
A top-notch agency will:
- Give you prompt service during business hours—quickly returning calls and emails
- Finds you a policy that fits all your needs—not just one that they want to sell to you
- Helps navigate you through the claims process
- Customizes a policy according to your budget needs
A mediocre agency will:
- Be vague in their answers
- Ignores your calls and emails
- Sell you more and/or less coverage than you need
Contact Multiple Car Insurance Companies
- In order to improve your chances in finding excellent local car insurance companies, you need to contact several of them. You are interviewing them. Discuss with each of them their policies, rates and customer services and discounts. Make sure they give you specific answers to specific questions and not a lot of pretty words and sketchy answers. You can tell when you are being sold a bill of goods.
- The Internet is an excellent tool for doing research. Navigate the auto insurance agency’s website, and read reviews, ratings, and testimonials on customer service etc. Do they carry the BBB seal of approval? Is their only form of contact by phone? This would be a down-side, in that this is a common marketing ploy—they prefer having their fish on the “line” rather than be able to find out answers or cheap insurance rates online.
- Don’t buckle to pressure and take the first policy that comes along. Shopping around gives you the buying power you need to find the auto insurance policy that best fits your needs. If local auto insurance agent understands that they are competing for your business, they are a lot more likely to work with you to get you the best coverage and rates possible!